Welcome To The Haiti Asylum Information Project!
Welcome to the Haiti Asylum Information Project (HAIP), built and maintained by the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti (IJDH), with the generous support of the South Florida Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. HAIP is intended as a resource for asylum applicants and their lawyers. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and we recommend that all asylum applicants seek legal assistance with their applications.
- Country Condition Information: Human Rights reports from governments, the UN and human rights groups. Press reports covering politics, human rights, justice, and immigration issues.
- Model Pleadings: Model expert affidavits, the Omnibus Motion to Stop Haitian Deportations
- Haiti Political Asylum Case Law Spreadsheet: A chart of Haitian asylum cases, including summaries of the main issues and the holdings for each
- Additional Information: Including an expert roster with contact information, and useful links.
- Special Section: Criminal Deportees: Including case law and legal analyses of U.S. and international law, reports on prison conditions and treatment of deportees, and news reports of deportation issues.
- Special Section: on Haitian Women and Asylum
- Report: U.S. Treatment of Haitian Migrants Violates the UN Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (CERD)