Evens Sanon, Associated Press
January 9, 2012
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — A prosecutor in Uruguay says he may have to shelve an abuse case against six U.N. peacekeepers accused of raping a young Haitian man because authorities can’t get the alleged victim to testify. But the man told The Associated Press on Monday that no one has ever asked him to.
“They know where to find me,” the 19-year-old man told an AP reporter who reached him by cellphone. “If they take me, I will go.”
The former peacekeepers were freed last week pending a military trial on charges of violating rules against fraternizing with civilians inside military bases. A separate investigation into abuse charges is in civilian criminal court, but can only go to trial with the man’s cooperation, prosecutor Eduardo Fernandez Dovat said.
Click HERE to See the Original Article