Community Supported film is looking for a new part-time Haiti Program Assistant, Interpreter and Translator to work from their Boston office. This temporary position is a great opportunity for those with an interest to develop their knowledge of documentary filmmaking and to contribute to the improvement of Haiti’s economic and social development and video-journalism capacity. Reporting to the director, this part-time (20 hours per week), 9 month position, begins as soon as possible and lasts through January 31st, 2015. Depending on performance and interest, the position may be extended or made permanent.
The primary responsibilities of the Haiti Program Assistant, Interpreter and Translator include:
Translation and Interpretation
- Facilitation of all communications in Haitian Creole, French and English.
- Enlisting organizations as partners in the Haiti training and public engagement campaign;
- Planning and implementing a public engagement campaign at community-based, institutional and governmental venues.
- Assistance with administration of project
- Fluent Haitian Creole, French and English translation and interpretation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communications;
- Experience with event or project coordination;
- Knowledge of Haitian social, economic and media development issues;
- Detail oriented, ability to take initiative and carry multiple tasks to completion;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Windows, Word, Excel, Entourage/Outlook.
- Knowledge of documentary filmmaking;
- Experience with public engagement (education and advocacy) campaigns;
- Potential availability to travel to Haiti.
Commensurate with experience.
The deadline to apply for this position is April 15, 2014. Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and contact information for three references to email@example.com with the subject line: Haiti Program Assistant, Interpreter and Translator. Please direct all questions to Kate Bamberg, Program Assistant (857) 719-2028.
Click HERE for more information on Community Supported Film.