Job Description: The Digital Media and Website Associate will act as the administrator of the CEPR website and work closely with the CEPR staff to promote our research and analysis on various social media channels. This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintaining CEPR’s website, including daily posting and content management, security upgrades, troubleshooting, and server maintenance
- Updating and ensuring a user-friendly and easily navigated site.
- Managing CEPR’s online “public face” though the organization’s website and through social networking tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.
- Maintaining and, when appropriate, improving the website’s layout and design.
- Upgrading website as technology allows.
- Generate web traffic through social media, SEO and other tools.
- Track web and social media traffic and mentions.
Organization Description: The Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) was established in 1999 to promote democratic debate on the most important economic and social issues that affect people’s lives. It is an independent, nonpartisan think tank based in Washington, DC. CEPR conducts the highest quality research in an effort to inform the media, policy-makers, and advocates working on economic issues.
- Demonstrated experience using social media tools for organizing or advocacy.
- Familiarity with the integration of multimedia including, streaming video, maps, and charts into standard web design.
- Commitment to social and economic justice.
- Solid editing/writing skills, for social media and websites,
- Can work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience building components/modules for Joomla! and WordPress.
- Strong graphic design skills.
- Familiar with version control via GitHub.
- A sense of humor.
Salary & Benefits: CEPR offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. This position will be represented by the International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, Local #70, AFL-CIO.
Closing Date of Position: July 25, 2014
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, examples of websites you have designed/managed, and salary requirement to email@example.com. No telephone calls or faxes please.
CEPR is an equal opportunity employer that considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any legally protected status.