Pangea Legal Services (Pangea) is a rapidly growing non-profit organization based in San Francisco, California. We serve the immigrant community, particularly in the area of deportation defense. In addition to direct services, we advocate on behalf of immigrants through policy advocacy, education, and legal empowerment efforts. Our vision is to live in a world where the fundamental right to move is respected by all.
We bring positive attitudes, enthusiasm, and humility to our work. Our team works long, hard hours, and we support and learn from each other. We are committed and available to manage large caseloads, and help grow the organization. We produce very high-quality work.
We are recruiting an additional attorney to join our team, and we are looking for a good fit—in terms of attitude, dedication, experience, quality of work, and commitment. This position may turn into a director-level position within the coming year, and we need someone who is ready and able for the responsibility that directors must undertake.
- Providing direct legal representation to immigrants in removal proceedings
- Leading advocacy initiatives, community education, and coalition building in San Francisco and San Mateo counties
- Helping to establish internal policies as we scale our non-profit
- Supervising law clerks, interns, and other volunteers
- Fluency or proficiency in Spanish (other languages a plus);
- 2+ years legal services or litigation experience (immigration experience a plus)
- Ability to work independently and in teams alike
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Desire to invest in the organization’s growth, and work long hours as needed
- J.D. degree with membership in good standing with a State Bar (California preferred)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Pangea is a non-hierarchical organization striving toward pay-equity
- Currently, all staff salaries range from $41,000-46,000
- Benefits include standard medical (Kaiser), a socially responsible retirement investment package (Simple IRA), and a preventative health benefits package (monthly reimbursement for: therapy, athletic or musical classes, acupuncture, etc).
This position will be open until filled, and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. If you believe you might be a good fit, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, copy of your transcript, and three references to email@example.com. Please indicate “Immigration Attorney Application” in the subject line of your email.
Click HERE for the original posting.