The St. Boniface Haiti Foundation (SBHF) strives to improve life for the poor of Haiti by facilitating access to quality, affordable health care, educational opportunities and community development programs. Our goal is to create a model of successful, sustainable development in rural Haiti that relies on local leadership and work force and that can be replicated throughout the country. We believe the only way to achieve this goal is by empowering Haitians to help Haitians. We work to improve health and quality of life for all members of the community at every stage of their lives.
Founded in 1983, SBHF has grown into a recognized and award-winning leader in community-based care. Programs include our hospital in Fond-des-Blancs in southern Haiti, a satellite clinic in the village of Villa, a network of community health workers and mothers’ counselors, mobile clinics, nutrition programs, scholarships, community development programs, and Haiti’s first Spinal Cord Injury rehabilitation center. Nearly 200 employees (98% of whom are Haitian) serve more than 67,000 patients and thousands of community members every year. SBHF’s Fiscal Year 2015 will see the opening of our new Maternal Health Center in Fond-des-Blancs and the opening of improved, permanent facilities in Villa.
This year also marks the seventh consecutive year Charity Navigator has awarded SBHF its coveted 4-star rating for sound fiscal management—a distinction only 2% of charities in the US can claim. Fully 89% of all contributions go directly to supporting our core programs in health, education and community development.
Job Title: Director of Development
Job Function: Management, Strategy/Planning
The Director of Development is responsible for conceiving, developing and implementing fundraising strategies to support the goals and objectives of the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation (SBHF). With a strong corps of donors from the Boston area and beyond, SBHF draws support from donors and partners at the national and international level and has an annual operating budget of $7 million. Poised for growth, SBHF benefits from vital, principled leadership at the staff and board level who are ready to partner with a strong development professional in guiding the organization to its future. This position is located at St. Boniface’s U.S. headquarters in Newton, MA and is supported by a full-time Development Coordinator.
- Sets fundraising objectives and works with the President/CEO, Board, and St. Boniface leadership team to design and implement strategies to meet organizational fundraising goals
- Closely monitors implementation of strategic plan to ensure that the organization reaches all fundraising objectives in a timely manner
- Works closely with President/CEO and other relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and appropriate follow-up with current and potential donors and donor organizations
- Responsible for managing and coaching all development staff and volunteers
- Oversees communications plan (annual report, website, social media, public relations, etc.) to inform donors and potential supporters of St. Boniface’s work
- Responsible for organizing donor events for St. Boniface including the annual gala, donor dinners, and other relevant fundraising activities as needed
- Identifies, researches and cultivates new donor opportunities for the organization
- Oversees management of Donor Perfect, St. Boniface’s donor tracking system
- Manage reporting to donors and ensure contracted deadlines are met
- Provides timely and comprehensive fundraising reports to the President/CEO and St. Boniface Board as necessary
- Helps coordinate and participates in prospect and donor trips to Haiti as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least five years fundraising experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong experience in annual fund and/or major gifts work with a proven track record of success
- Experience managing a donor database (familiarity with DonorPerfect a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ease representing an organization to external audiences
- Experience grant writing and reporting
- Strategic thinker with strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- Strong belief in the mission of the St. Boniface Haiti Foundation
- Background in international aid a plus
- Experience managing people up and down a reporting chain
- Willingness to travel (nationally and internationally) on occasion
Salary and Benefits
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong major gifts and/or annual fund experience who is interested in moving into a leadership role at a vibrant and growing organization. SBHF is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with qualifications.
How candidates can apply: direct application to external website to apply: http://haitihealth.org/get-involved/jobs-and-internships/