Classification: Level 4 / Class Code 6111 / Full Time / Exempt / Benefited
Hiring Salary Range: (commensurate with qualifications)
Typical duties and responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Draft letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and other solicitation materials to foundations; prepare reports to funders; draft acknowledgement letters;
- Oversee and assist the office manager with the preparation of budgets and financial reports;
- Identify and research new grant opportunities (prospecting) from a broad range of funding sources, including government agencies;
- Set appointments for the Director with foundation officers, individual donors and prospects and prepare materials for these meetings;
- Work with the staff and Board to manage law firm giving campaign;
- Research individual donor prospects and their capability to give; provide the Director and Board members with necessary background and materials for personal solicitations to prospective supporters;
- Research prospects for corporate funding and develop a corporate funding/partnership initiative;
- Serve as Board liaison, prepare Board meeting materials, and manage Board members’ fundraising commitments;
- Strengthen and maintain existing databases related to development;
- Manage postal and electronic appeals to donors and prospects;
- Draft and coordinate monthly newsletter production, advocacy action alerts, electronic campaign solicitations and holiday messages, media advisories, and press releases;
- Coordinate social media and oversee website maintenance and updates;
- Manage media relations and media contacts database, serving as press contact for organization;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Applicants who meet the position requirements will be competitively evaluated to identify the individuals whose breadth and depth of experience and education most closely relate to the stated requirements and the needs of the College. Depending on the quality and number of the applications received, only the better qualified applicants may be contacted for an interview. The position is open until filled.
Click HERE for more about CGRS and the position.