The Haitian American Caucus (HAC)- US is a grassroots movement of leading young Haitian professionals whose mission is to provide the Haitian Diaspora in New York City with access to information and resources that will foster self-development and success. Advocacy and services are at the core of all of our initiatives. Our goal is to improve the reputation and visibility of Haitian Americans by breaking barriers we face in America. We are dedicated to educating young Haitian professionals and providing them with essential tools to ensure success in their personal and professional lives.
SEEKING: Full-time interns in New York City who are looking to work hard to help develop and grow the organization.
Executive Director (ED) assistance may include, but not be limited to:
- Manage & maintain day-to-day calendars & itineraries for Executive Director
- Maintain & update files & assets
- Provide on-site assistance for ED as needed and/or directed
- Create or assist with creating event flyers for social media
- Create & maintain event/workshop guest lists
- Send out announcements/press releases to media & company contacts
- Create & help update monthly newsletters to blast to media & company contacts
- Provide on-site production assistance for events as needed and/or directed
Administration / Back Office assistance may include, but not be limited to:
- Send & track information to HAC Administration & Support Staff
- Maintain & update ED calendar
Social Media/Digital assistance may include but not be limited to:
- Curating daily content & posts for Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr & Facebook
- Help Communications Director maintain & update website as needed
- Assist with capturing & editing video content for Youtube Channel
Working smart and hard is the key to moving ahead here at HAC. At times you will be asked to follow specific instructions, and at other times you will need to think on your feet and self-direct/think outside the box. This would be a non-paid internship position to start, with hope for and room to grow into a full-time paid Assistant position.
Please send resumes and/or relevant portfolios to TInnocent@hacus.org to apply for a position and schedule an interview.