This position will be based in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The job description is below. Click HERE for the full posting.
Advocacy Manager / Haiti Property Law Working Group Coordinator
- Leadership and ongoing strategy and organization of the Haiti Property Law Working Group (HPLWG) and Advocacy efforts related to Habitat for Humanity’s mission and mandate
- Reporting to the National Director and Chief Operating Officer
Haiti Property Law Working Group
- Lead, manage and represent the HPLWG in meetings / events / trainings / forums / media / community outreach activities
- Establish an agenda and prepare all materials for future HPLWG meetings (approx.. every two or three months);
- Organize steering committee meetings (monthly / bi-monthly or as needed);
- Disseminate manuals (1/2) and HPLWG materials to stakeholders;
- Follow up, revise, supervise drafts of the English and Creole version of Manual II, with the support of HPLWG members and the steering committee; including related training materials
- Work with a graphic designer to ensure that all materials of the HPLWG are consistent and abide by donor guidelines / marking rules;
- Work on developing and maintaining an advocacy website for the HPLWG;
- Coordinate and developing training materials and activities;
- Establish a schedule and implementation plan for Phase 2 of the trainings;
- Work closely with media/communications outlets to ensure visibility for HPLWG advocacy activities, trainings and materials.
- Plan, update, execute the work plan for the USAID (and other) grants;
- Complete all donor and organizational reporting requirements in a timely and high quality manner
- Ensure all activities conducted are in alignment with donor and Habitat’s grant compliance policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of all advocacy efforts and projects according to the performance management framework
- Ensure all output and outcome indicators are uploaded into the USAID DevResults system and Habitat’s Global Metrics Tool
- Identify areas of integration and collaboration with Habitat’s and partner organizations program initiatives
- Work with the HPLWG steering committee and members to develop a strategy for the group which leverages the past experience and vision for the future
- Identify and develop a strategy for future advocacy interventions which link to Habitat’s global advocacy campaigns / objectives; and build upon recommendations related to the work of the HPLWG
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy which links to a project sustainability plan
- Collaborate with Habitat’s global advocacy community of practice to share best practices from Haiti and participate in global learning initiatives / publications / public outreach
SKILLS / CAPACITIES:
- BA or equivalent in law, public policy, urban planning or other relevant field. MA preferred
- At least 5 years project management / lead experience; including grant compliance, budget management and donor reporting
- Confident public speaker with excellent communications skills; and preferably experience in bringing together diverse stakeholder through strong facilitation and adult learning experience
- Fluent written and oral communication in English, French and Creole. Spanish is an advantage.
- Experience developing project concept notes / budgets / marketing material for the use of fundraising and developing partner relationships
- Demonstrated attention to detail, multi-tasking ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Willingness to travel locally within Haiti
- Please note that this position is a full time position
Click HERE for the full posting.