PAID INTERNSHIPS: Part-time Community Outreach Internship
The City of Cambridge wants to hear from you and your community!
The City’s Community Development Department has an immediate need for community outreach interns to reach Haitian, Ethiopian, Bangladeshi, Chinese, Arabic, and Spanish speaking residents (6 positions) of Cambridge as part of the citywide plan, Envision Cambridge.
Hours: 5 hours per week through December 2016 (with an option to continue)
• Assist with creating a strategy to reach underserved communities in Cambridge and engage them in the citywide planning process. This could include placing flyers around the community, posting to social media, or attending community events.
• Assist with creating and distributing surveys to members of underserved communities.
• Attend monthly meetings and training sessions including being mentored by Community Engagement Team outreach workers.
• Must be a Cambridge resident
• Must speak language of underserved community
• ESOL Levels 4, 5, or ABE
• Sincere desire to reach underserved Cambridge communities
• High motivation and willingness to learn
• No experience necessary. All training provided.
• $14.95 per hour
Review of resumes March 2016. Positions open until filled.