Attend this forum for a chance to ask questions of federal and local government officials about Haitian immigration. The discussion details are below.
297 Elmwood Avenue
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Mayor Jorge Elorza (confirmed); State Senator Juan Pichardo (confirmed); Dorcas International Institute (invited); Senior Obama Appointee (confirmed); USCIS local field director (confirmed); and RI Governor Gina Raimondo (invited)
Event Topics By Speakers:
Obama Appointee/Senior Official from USCIS
- President’s accomplishments for immigrants including the Haitian Family Reunification Parole (HFRP) Program, Deferred action for childhood arrivals, Deferred action for childhood arrivals and Temporary Protected Status for Haitians
- Immigration brochures will be available to the community in Haitian Creole
Senator Juan Pichardo
- In State-Tuition bill
- Driver’s license bill for undocumented Rhode Islanders
- What local residents can do to support those bills?
- Resources available in the community to assist the immigrants
Mayor Jorge Elorza
- City services for Providence immigrants
USCIS Local Field Director
- Pathway to citizenship
- Naturalization/Green card
- Refugees and Asylum
Questions and Answers Session.
Click HERE for the event flyer.