CGRS is seeking a highly motivated individual passionate about refugee rights and ready to lead the charge in CGRS’s fundraising efforts. The position will also manage external communications, including website, social media, newsletters, press releases and media advisories, and media relations. Depending on experience, this individual will join the team in a director-level position or an associate-level position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- x A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent required;
- x Four to six years of experience in fundraising/development/communications for a non-profit organization for the associate-level position; at least seven years of experience in these areas for the director-level position, including at least two years management experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- x A strong commitment to CGRS’s mission;
- x Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, structured, articulate and persuasive manner;
- x Previous grant-writing experience preferable;
- x Excellent oral communication and inter-personal skills;
- x Comfortable and creative with the use of social media to promote the organization’s activities and accomplishments;
- x Ability to work under pressure, setting goals and meeting them;
- x Ability to keep track of and meet deadlines;
- x Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, as well as previous donor database experience is required; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus;
- x Knowledge of HTML a plus;
- x Familiarity with organizational budgets and budgeting software;
- x Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational, administrative skills;
- x Ability to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently, (a self- starter), as well as being able to function as a member of a team;
- x Creative, “outside the box” thinking;
- x Enthusiasm to learn and grow in both demanding and close-knit staff environment
The position is open until filled.
More information about the position and the application process is available HERE.