IJDH Development and Communications Internship Summer 2018
IJDH has successfully helped Haitians enforce their human rights since 2004. The Institute partners with BAI to support grassroots struggles for justice in Haiti and in the powerful countries abroad where decisions about Haitians’ rights are often made. IJDH and BAI combine traditional legal strategies with organizing, emerging technology and public advocacy to address the root causes of instability and poverty in Haiti.
We fight for justice with legal work, but also with creativity, humility, inspiration and humor, and a supportive work culture. We effect broad changes with modest resources by nurturing large advocacy networks.
IJDH is looking for Communications and Development interns to join its Boston office. The position is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate student interested in global human rights advocacy and in development and financial strategies for small nonprofits.
Interns and volunteers at IJDH are unpaid but this position but will provide significant training in nonprofit administration, development, and communication.
IJDH will also work with student applicants who elect to obtain school credit. Both part-time and full-time positions are available. Part-time interns commit to a minimum schedule of 20-30 hours per week, working at least 2 days of the week out of the Boston office. Strong preference for full-time candidate willing to commit to more than 4 months.
1. Assist the Development Team with daily tasks, including entering information into our donor database, researching prospective foundations and donors, and using Quickbooks accounting software;
2. Assist the Communications Manager with daily tasks, including posting on IJDH social platforms and summarizing and posting articles on the organization;
3. Keep accurate record of grant proposal deadlines, donor and organizational contact information, income and expenses;
4. Help write grant proposals and letters of inquiry to potential funders;
5. Put together articles and graphics for annual appeals and annuals reports;
6. Promote actions, events, speaking engagements, and fundraisers;
7. Help table events around Boston to gain volunteers and attention to IJDH work;
8. Implement new IJDH branding strategies into future publications and materials.
1. Interest in Haiti and human rights advocacy;
2. Excellent self-management, organization, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task;
3. A teamwork ethic;
4. Strong Internet research skills and access to a computer;
5. High level of motivation;
6. Ability to come to Boston office minimum 2 days per week;
7. Donor database experience, grant research and writing, accounting, and/or donor tracking experience is strongly preferred.
Apply Today: Send a cover letter and resume to Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Development and Communications Spring 2018” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 04/20/2018
Start Date: 05/01/2018
Would you like to Learn about our Legal Internship for Summer 2018? Click HERE.