Position Title: Executive Coordinator
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: Executive Director
Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti
The Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti (IJDH) is a U.S.-based human rights non-profit organization. Since 2004, IJDH has worked to advance recognition and accountability to human rights in Haiti. In partnership with its Haiti-based sister organization Bureau des Avocats Internationaux (BAI), IJDH advocates, litigates, builds constituencies, and nurtures networks to create systemic pathways to justice for marginalized communities.
IJDH seeks an Executive Coordinator to join our growing team. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will coordinate key projects and work of the Director and manage the general activities of the office. Key responsibilities include: management of key projects and activities, executive outreach, and office administration. The Executive Coordinator will serve as a key liaison between the Executive Director and senior management in the US and Haiti, the board of directors, and external constituencies. This role will be based in Boston, with regular travel to New York and Haiti.
● Provide general support to the Executive Director including calendar management; arrange travel and logistics including preparation and planning; prepare and complete expense reports; and facilitate correspondence
● Manage strategic projects for the Executive Office and support special initiatives and activities across teams
● Serve as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison with the Board of Directors, including planning, coordination, and reporting for Quarterly Board meetings
● Support executive outreach, which may include preparation of external meetings for the Executive Director, including development of presentations and briefing materials
● Assist with monitoring of action items on organizational development initiatives and ensure the Executive Director’s attention on issues and tasks for timely follow up
● Ensure day-to-day management of office activities and workflow
● Other duties as assigned
The Executive Coordinator must be an excellent problem-solver and strategic thinker, flexible, highly
motivated, and reliable. The selected candidate should have exceptional written and verbal communication
skills, superior organizational ability, experience in project management, and attention to detail.
● Bachelor’s degree required
● 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably including administrative experience in a fast-paced
● High-level of initiative, ability to take ownership in managing and completing projects, and to work
both independently and in a team
● Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity, ability to exercise
judgement, diplomacy, sensitivity to working with a range of both internal and external
constituencies, discretion, and to maintain confidentiality
● Fluency in English and strong verbal and written skills in French required; Knowledge of Haitian
Creole a plus
● Ability and willingness to travel required;
● Commitment to social justice and human rights
● Experience working or living in resource poor settings is preferred.
This position requires applicants to have or be able to obtain work authorization in the United States.
IJDH is unfortunately not in a position to petition for work visas.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by January 27, 2019.
Please include “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling
basis and the position is open until filled.