A chronology of our litigation is as follows:
On February 12, 2015, we filed a notice of appeal to begin the appeals process. On May 27, 2015, we filed the Plaintiffs’ Principal Appellate Brief. On August 26, 2015, the United States filed an Amicus Curiae Brief in support of affirmance.
On September 25, 2015, we filed the Appellants Reply Brief.
On March 1, 2016, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals heard oral arguments.
On August 18, 2016, the Court upheld the United Nations’ immunity from claims. We did not appeal to the Supreme Court.
2. Plaintiffs’ Memorandum of Law in Support of Motion for Affirmation that Service of Complaint has Been Made
3. Plaintiffs’ Declaration that service had been made
4. District Court Order directing the UN and U.S. Department of Justice to file opposition and statement of interest respectively
5. U.S. Government Statement of Interest
6. Plaintiffs’ Opposition Brief
7. U.S. Government’s Reply
8. Plaintiffs’ Sur-Reply
9. Amicus Brief by FANM & Haitian Lawyers Association in support of Plaintiffs
10. Amicus Brief by International Law scholars in support of plaintiffs, Georges v. United Nations
11. Amicus Brief by European Law scholars in support of Plaintiffs
12. Transcript of oral arguments before the District Court
13. Opinion and order of the District Court
2. Amicus Brief by the United States of America
3. Plaintiffs-Appellants’ Reply Brief to the United States of America
4. Amicus Brief by human rights organizations in support of Plaintiffs-Appellants
5. Amicus Brief by former UN officials in support of Plaintiffs-Appellants
6. Amicus Brief by Constitutional Law scholars and practitioners in support of Plaintiffs-Appellants
7. Amicus Brief by International Law scholars and practitioners in support of Plaintiffs-Appellants
8. Amicus Brief by Haitian-American organizations in support of Plaintiffs-Appellants
9. Amicus Brief by European Law scholars and practitioners in support of Plaintiffs-Appellan
10. Georges v. United Nations: The lawsuit against the United Nations for Cholera
11. Unofficial transcript of oral argument before the Hon. Judge Lynch, Parker, Cabranes, Second Circuit Court of Appeals
12. The audio recording of oral argument. You could also read the transcript HERE.
13. Opinion affirming the District Court’s judgment