Scientific Reports on the Source of Cholera
- Daniele Lantagne et al., “The Cholera Outbreak in Haiti: Where and how did it begin?“, 2013.
- Ralph R. Freirichs et al., “Nepalese Origin of Cholera Epidemic in Haiti“, 2012.
- Chen-San Chin et al., “The Origin of the Haitian Cholera Outbreak Strain“, 2011.
- Rene S. Hendrikson et al., “Population Genetics of Vibrio Cholerae from Nepal in 2010: Evidence on the Origin of the Haitian Outbreak“, 2011.
- Deborah Jenson et al., “Cholera in Haiti and Other Caribbean Regions, 19th Century“, 2011.
- Renaud Piarroux et al., Understanding the Cholera Epidemic, Haiti, Emerging Infectious Diseases, 2011.
- Final Report of the Independent Panel of Experts on the Cholera Outbreak in Haiti, 2011.
Legal Analysis of UN Responsibility
- Frédéric Mégret, “La Responsabilité des Nations Unies aux temps du choléra“, 2013.
- Yale Law School et al., “Peacekeeping Without Accountability- The United Nations’ Responsibility for the Haitian Cholera Epidemic“, 2013.
- Strategies to Prevent Cholera Introduction during International Personnel Deployments: A Computational Modeling Analysis Based on the 2010 Haiti Outbreak, January 2016
- ICCPR Violations in the Context of the Cholera Epidemic in Haiti, September 2014
- IJDH and John Marshall Law School: Cholera as a Grave Violation of the Right to Water in Haiti, February 2014
- Congresswoman Waters Urges United Nations to Commit Resources to Eradicate Cholera in Haiti, June 2013
- Physicians for Haiti, Report Card Finds the Most Effective, No-Cost UN Recommendations for Cholera in Haiti Remain Unimplemented Two Years Later, April 2013
- CEPR: Cholera: Two Years On, and the UN Has Yet to Take Responsibility, October 2012
- Partners in Health, The Cholera Vaccine Campaign: An Update from Dr. Louise Ivers, July 2012
- Physicians for Haiti, MINUSTAH’s Role in Reintroducing Cholera into Haiti, April, 2012
- Mark Schuller, Is It Time for MINUSTAH to Leave? , February 2012
- CEPR, MINUSTAH by the Numbers, December 2011
- OCHA, Haiti: Cholera – Funding and Needs, December 2011
- UN Policies on Medical Cholera Prevention – Timeline, January 2016
- 154 Haitian-American Groups and Leaders Express Outrage at US and UN: Open Letter Calls for Just Response to Cholera in Haiti, July 9, 2015
- Haiti’s Cholera Epidemic and Its Implications for UN Peacekeeping: For Consideration by the UN High-Level Independent Panel on Peace Operations, February 2015
- 77 Congresspersons Ask Ban Ki-moon for Due Process for Cholera Victims, December 19, 2014
- UN Mandate Holders’ Public Statements on Remedy, December 5, 2014
- Lawyers Call UN Secretary-General Ban’s Responses to Haiti Cholera Victims and U.S. Congress an “Outrage” (Creole version here), July 2013
- Human Rights Groups Welcome UN Initiative on Haiti Cholera, Call for Immediate Action to Provide Justice to Victims, December 2012
- Letter to the UN Secretary-General on Cholera in Haiti (Spanish & French) , November 2012
- Civil Society Groups Appeal to UN Secretary-General for Response to Haiti Cholera Claims, November 2012
- Justice Groups Urge UN Human Rights Official Visiting Haiti to Examine Rights, August 2012
- Human Rights Groups and NGOs Support Congressional Call for UN Response to Cholera, July 2012
- Plus de 5,000 Haïtiens Victimes du Choléra ont porté plainte contre l’ONU/MINUSTAH afin d’obtenir Justice et Réparation, November 2011
Video & Multimedia
- 6-minute video message
- 1-minute video message
- May 8, 2013 Press Conference in response to UN dismissal
- Podcast: Meet the man who’s suing the United Nations for bringing cholera to Haiti
CAP is proud to be featured in Baseball in the Time of Cholera, an award-winning film that was released online July 12, 2012. The filmfollows Joseph, a young Haitian baseball player, and BAI Managing Attorney Mario Joseph, who is fighting for justice for cholera victims. As the epidemic spreads, the two stories intersect in the struggle for survival and justice.
“Baseball in the Time of Cholera” Please join IJDH volunteers throughout North America in supporting the fight for justice for Haiti’s cholera victims by hosting a screening of the award-winning film Baseball in the Time of Cholera. Click HERE to find out more.
Select Press Coverage
- Immediate Press Coverage of Suit Filed Against the UN on October 9, 2013
- UN Official Pushes Compensation for Haiti Victims, October 8 2013
- Haiti PM: United Nations has moral responsibility in Haiti cholera outbreak, September 2013
- St Vincent’s Gonsalves Urges UN to Apologize For Bringing Cholera to Haiti, September 2013
- Why can’t anyone sue the United Nations?, September 2013
- L’Onu en grave conflit de droits en Haïti, August 2013
- United Nations must admit its role in Haiti’s cholera outbreak, August 2013
- Haiti cholera epidemic caused by UN, say experts, July 2013
- U.N. Faces Suit over Haitian Cholera Deaths, May 2013
- United Nations Denies Justice to Haiti Cholera Victims UN announces legal claims “not receivable” after 15 months of silence, February 2013
- UN Response to Haiti Cholera Complaint “Represents a Failure of the UN System,” CEPR Co-Director Says, February 2013
- UN Peacekeepers to blame for 7,500 cholera deaths in devastated Haiti: public health expert, October 2012
- Justice Groups Urge UN Human Rights Official Visiting Haiti to Examine Rights Implications of the UN Cholera Epidemic, August 2012
- Security Council Members, Clinton Break with UN’s Policy of Denial on Cholera, March 2012
- UN Must Take Responsibility for Haiti Cholera Outbreak, February 2012
- Haitian Victims of UN Cholera Tell UN: “Universal Means Haitians Too”, December 2011